The popularity of electric cars has been booming for years, especially for business drivers. But now that fuel prices are going through the roof, more and more people are looking for an alternative, especially among private drivers. And with today’s fuel prices, the electric car is more obvious and attractive than ever. Certainly because in 2022 there are still subsidy options for buying or leasing an electric car. That is why today’s blog focuses on the options that are available.
Business electric drivers
The subsidies that are granted only apply to private individuals. Business drivers and entrepreneurs with a company car already benefit from the lower addition. And also not unimportant; You do not pay road tax for electric cars.
The subsidy options we are talking about therefore apply to private drivers.
At the end of 2021, the subsidy budget for 2022 was announced; a pot that has been considerably increased compared to the previous year:
- 71 million is available for new electric cars – the subsidy amount is 3,350.=
- 20.4 million is available for used electric cars – the subsidy amount is 2,000.=
Although this pot is significant, there is little chance that you will still be able to use the subsidy at the end of the year, since the subsidy lapses when the pot is empty.
Of course there are some conditions to use the subsidy. And although there is of course plenty of information to be found online, we list the most important guidelines:
- The purchase or private lease agreement will be concluded after January 1, 2022.
- The car is in your name and will remain in your name for at least 3 years. If you sell it earlier, you have to repay part of the subsidy
- The car is fully electric with a range of at least 120 km
- If you opt for a used car, it must be purchased from a car company with RDW Company Stock accreditation.
In addition to subsidies, you also have to deal with other tax benefits for electric drivers that do apply to entrepreneurs and private individuals. There is no question of road tax and purchase tax, which of course also offers a serious advantage on an annual basis. Our team knows better than anyone else how to think along, to clearly present considerations and interpretations and to put together the best solution. Contact our team for more information.